world

world

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Word of Life

On November 5th all of us trainees got to go perform at a women's conference at Word of Life Assembly of God Church in Baldwinsville. We didn't have a whole lot of time to lay out the floor because we came straight from teaching at the LWB studio, but we did it! Mrs. Taddeo (mom of former trainee Sarah) met us there and acted as coordinator and emcee for us, which was great! We did our ballet "All I Need," which went pretty well (well, it didn't feel like it went well, but when we watched the video later, it was not too bad!). Afterward, we had all the ladies at the conference stand up and do simple arm motions with us to the song "Lord I Need You" by Chris Tomlin. It was really well received - I looked out and I'm pretty sure that every single woman did it with us! Such a cool moment of being able to worship together through movement. I must say that song gets me every time - its about the Lord's strength in our weakness and placing the full weight of our confidence in God - very fitting for our time of doing performances and things while the LWB company was in Israel! I think that was my favorite part :-)
Afterward, we were each given a sugar scrub that the ladies running the conference had made! That was a fun and sweet gift! AND I ended up seeing my friend (who made the food for the event) as well, and she gave us the most delicious cinnamon rolls I've ever had......nice healthy dancer food, hehe.
We didn't get to speak with the women afterward, but I believe they were blessed and encouraged - I know I was!
~Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment