world

world

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hutchings Psychiatric Center

Light of the World had the opportunity to perform for the patients of Hutchings Psychiatric Center. We opened with Alive, followed by The Crown, and finished with getting them involved during Healing is in His Hands. It was so exciting to perform in such a beautiful facility, complete with a stage and even dressing rooms! This performance hit a little close to home for me; mental illness is something several of my immediate and distant family members struggle with, and at first, it was a bit difficult for me to go to back a psychiatric center, this time in a ministry setting. However, I discovered what a blessing it was to have the chance to reach these people in a way that I cannot with some of my own family at the moment. I found myself close to tears as I watched the patients participate in Healing is in His Hands, knowing how far some of them must have come to be able to participate. Several of the patients approached us afterwards to tell us how the performance had touched them; I am praying that God uses the seeds planted to draw them into a relationship with Him. I hope we are able to have more opportunities to minister to people struggling with this kind of illness; I have seen how desperately they need to hear the good news about Jesus, and I am praying they are open to receiving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment