world

world

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The West Side Learning Center

On Tuesday we had the opportunity to perform our Christmas dances for a class of refugees at the West Side Learning Center. All of the students are there to learn English. It was so neat to be able to perform for people from all over the world! It felt like a missions trip except without the long plane ride :-) After performing Christmas, we led them in arm movements to "Healing is in His Hands." Many of them easily joined in and it was a beautiful sight to see so many of them moving to this powerful song! I pray that many of them are really able to understand how very much God loves them and desires a relationship with them.

After performing, we proceeded into a classroom and spent time talking to the students and helping them with their English. I was very impressed with the amount of English that many of them already knew! It was neat to be able to listen as they excitedly shared about their countries and traditions.

I so enjoyed this morning of ministering to the refugees. You can join me in praying that God would really reveal Himself to them in an awesome way. I know that He loves them more than I could ever comprehend, and I just hope that they know that too.

~Breanne

No comments:

Post a Comment